ANU-RDC is a voluntary organization whose purpose and mission is to support and promote the principles of the Charter and the United Nations mission within the DRC through education, information, awareness, lobbying, and campaigns.
We work in partnership with the United Nations system (MONUC and other agencies) and in collaboration with the government and other civil society organizations and community groups on the ground in different provinces.
ANU-RDC informs and educates the Congolese population of the ideals of peace, justice, freedom, contained in the United Nations programs and Charter:
- Peace, lasting security, and conflict resolution
- Social justice and freedom
- Human rights
- Sustainable development
- Eradication of poverty
- Gender equality and rights
- Rights and protection for women, children, and minorities
- Active participation in decision-making processes for women, youth, and minorities
- Protection of the Environment
- Education, information, and training
- Campaigns, research, and studies
- The UN Millennium Development Goals
Our strategy is bring awareness and education to the general public, civil society organizations, and community groups in support and promotion of United Nations actions in the DRC and in the Great Lakes regions.
In the Congo, UNA-DRC is known as ANU-RDC (Association pour les Nations Unies de la RDC), thus the reason our logo and web site uses both acronyms.
Questions: Contact the site team